Thursday 13 March 2014

TURBATIO


Drunkards of fortune and fame,
Obsessed with ourselves, and flamboyant names,
Social media generation, hi-tech we claim,
The truth we maim, nothings new under the sun it’s all the same,
Publish my face on magazine covers, create a statue for me,
Make movies and sing about me,
Turn me from an average Lad to a Legend and eventually into a myth
Record every second of my life, every ounce of air I breathe
Later on come and Lynch me when I tell you the truth,
We are used to untruths and lies that sooth,
Our hearts and minds have a twisted perception,
Distorted reception, abnormal connections,
Who are you?
Do you know who you are?
Why can’t you be real, and deal with what’s actual and factual,
Why alter-egos, why AKA’s?
Are you comfortable in your own skin?
Are you keen on being seen as a movie star? Or your favorite actor
In the Latest TV series you’re watching?
Or your favorite MC, musician perhaps, nowadays they use auto tunes
Few are genuine with guitars, drumsticks and the ancient harps,
Traps are all over, it’s all an illusion, and the masses delusional,
There’s always more to that which is visual,
Individual of a crazy generation, mediation of thoughts,

The sort of which are from Drunkards of Fortune and Fame…….

No comments:

Post a Comment