Saturday 1 March 2014

WINGS



I want to fly, past the sky into space witness the cosmic supernovas and hypernovas
I want to feel the constellations, from Leo to Aquarius
Various stars, different shapes and colours,
Great galaxies that make this universe of ours,
I thank the Lord for the knowledge and how empowered,
People of earth are
Learning takes great pain; it leaves us with these scars,
No pain no gain
As I work on every feather, putting together my wings.

I want to fly past the seen horizon to unexplored territory,
I want to quench each and every thirst of my minds depository,
Exploring new frontiers like researchers and scientists,
Classifying knowledge in various categories,
Mysteries of flying will be a distant memory,
That’s why I’m working and gluing each and every feather,
As I glue together my wings.

I want to fly past the conventional,
What society and those around see as intentional,
Sensational achievements will not come by themselves
I want to fly into the history books on bookshelves
To leave a mark, better world than I found
Feeling the flapping and the sound
As I stick each and every weather, putting together

My wings

2 comments: